There can be many times that are prominent in a couples life that could be celebrated and these include wedding anniversaries, an engagement, when a couple desire to renew their vows or even when a couple decide to make the important step of making a commitment to each other but are not looking for a formal marriage ceremony.
A renewal of vows is sometimes made at what are often considered to be the 'important' anniversaries, but of course this is up to each individual couple and can be done at any stage of their relationship that feels right for them. A renewal of vows ceremony may pan out to feel like a 'second' wedding in front of many guests or remain private for just two, or a few.
Going out for a quiet meal on a first anniversary may not 'feel enough' for some couples and a small heart-felt ceremony , perhaps in front of a few selected guests, or just the two of you may be exactly the right way to reconnect to your big day, and perhaps an opportunity to put on 'the dress' one more time!
There may be aspects that felt missing from your original ceremony however long ago, and you may wish to have the chance to do it again, only differently. Perhaps there are new things to say to each other having shared your lives together.
An engagement or commitment ceremony is tailor-made for each couple. It can be held to bring together the couples two families together, maybe for the first time, to celebrate and witness the intention to commit to one another. Or it may be a simple and private ritual for just two for having found each other.
You may have some ideas of your own, here are just a few you may feel inspired by
* Writing love letters from the heart to each other and the sharing of them together during the ceremony
*The exchange of meaningful gifts to one another
* Pledges or vows of commitment or renewal of commitment.
* New rings blessed, or original wedding rings re-blessed and exchanged once again
* Family blessings, and this may include contributions from any children
* Favourite poetry, verse and song from the heart
* A vow renewal may include a repeat of any aspect from the original joining ceremony for a meaningful re-honouring.
If you feel your heart is saying a yes, I will welcome hearing from you.